Skin Treatment Options
When you have made the decision to treat yourself to a spa session, there are a number of options for you to choose from. The most popular spa treatment is the facial, which is a process that involves a group of skin treatments on your face, applied individually or all at the same time. A facial includes the following steps:
- Cleansing – cotton pads and a carefully selected cleansing product (to match your skin type) are used to remove excess oils on the skin
- Deep skin analysis – under a bright magnifying glass your therapists will analyse your skin to reveal any skin conditions. Your eyes are covered to protect against the intense light
- Exfoliation – performed using a mechanical (abrasion technique) or chemical exfoliate, seeks to remove any dead skin and is done using steam vapour to soften your skin and open up your skin pores.
- Extraction – this part of the process involves the removal of white-heads and blackheads but is usually optional as some people’s skin is sensitive to this procedure
- Facial Massage – relaxes and stimulates the skin and facial muscles, relieving skin tension and produces an overall relaxed feeling
- Facial Mask – your therapist will determine the type of mask that is right for you depending on your skin type. This part of the process is designed to moisturise and revitalise your skin
If you are short of time and still want to take care of the most exposed part of your skin, your face, then the express facial is the option for you. It can be customized to your personal requirements although it lasts for a minimum 30 minutes. This treatment is ideal if you receive regular spa treatments and will keep your facial skin healthy and help maintain its natural glow.
If you have not been taking care of your face the way you should, then the journey to restoring your facial skin to its natural glow and health can begin with an express facial encompasses all the steps above, with the extraction optional depending on your preference and skin sensitivity. Has your skin been neglected and showing visible signs of wear and tear? The classical facial will result in radiant and healthy skin with the right moisture and pH balance. Lasting at least an hour, this indulgent experience will leave your skin feeling soft, smooth and plump. Very effective at forming a natural defensive barrier to your skin, the classical facial will renew and revitalize your skin.
The therapeutic facial is a deep cleansing technique designed to smooth and soften the skin by reducing or eliminating the signs of ageing such as wrinkles. Your therapist will assess your skin for tone, sensitivity and general health to develop a fully personalised treatment schedule. The goal of the facial is to leave your skin feeling smooth and revitalized and looking radiant too. The therapeutic facial will penetrate into your skin to eliminate impurities and perform a deep cleanse. It includes all the essential treatment steps (cleanse, exfoliate, gentle steam, massage and mask).
Marine Biology Facial
Experience 90 minutes of pure bliss with the marine biology facial using natural products derived from the ocean plants such as algae and seaweed. This facial has the following effects on your skin:
- Contains antioxidants which boost your skin’s natural defences
- Renews and revitalises your skin
- Enriches your skin and restores firmness
- Hydrates your skin
If you are looking for a relaxing and revitalizing pampering experience then this is the treatment option to choose.
The Benefits of a Spa Treatment Facial
Now you know the stages of a facial and more or less everything there is to know about what the process involves. What overall benefits can you expect to enjoy by having a facial carried out by qualified and experienced therapists at a spa? Below are a few of the most important ones:
- Restores the health of your skin by removing dead skin cells
- Cleanses and clarifies your skin to reveal your true tone and complexion
- Revitalises and refreshed your skin to make it look younger and make you feel younger too!
- Helps your skin retains moisture, eliminates excess oils and makes it fuller
- Supports skin health by boosting skin vitamins and nutrients to keep the pH neutral and your skin hydrated
- Protects against excessive exposure to UV rays due to antioxidants contained in the treatment products
- Maintain a healthy barrier to the elements ensuring your skin looks good and boosts your self confidence and happiness
This article has taken you on a journey to explore what a facial is, the types of facial treatments available and the benefits you can expect to enjoy from regular facial treatments at a spa. We hope you are now better informed and very excited about how simple it is to take care of your skin in the relaxing and spa environment. Go ahead and pamper yourself or your loved on just because you can, you are guaranteed they will thank you for it.
Original Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8505884